View Single Post
Old 10-2-2013, 05:24 PM   #9
PriestREA
ddkdkd
D8 Godly KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: Thinking about getting HD Raedon 7770 : thoughts?

In my experiences with AMD, they are nothing but a sub-par company releasing sub-par products as an ill geared attempt to "compete" with nVidia and Intel. Granted, their high end GPU's have started to put up some amazing numbers, but their mid-range and low-range stuff is utter garbage.

On the processor end... kind of sucks to see that you have an FX processor. I've seen Phenom II x4's outplay their "successors" in multiple tests. If you were gaming/doing work with some editing/multitasking, I would've opted for an i5 2500k or a 3770k although they are a little bit more pricey. I don't know which i7 you were using when comparing the two, but it is almost unanimous that AMD's bulldozer processors were utter disappointments for this day and age. Even the AMD lovers on Overclockers/Tom's Hardware have admitted that the old phenom's were more 'phenomenal' at performing than the Bulldozers. Graphics card wise.... I think Nvidia wins until you get to the HD 7850's where AMD starts to roll on par/price and even performs a little bit better. I dish out the extra money on Nvidia cards because of driver support, but if you're going mid-range, stick to Nvidia.

Last edited by PriestREA; 10-2-2013 at 05:31 PM..
PriestREA is offline   Reply With Quote