View Single Post
Old 10-2-2013, 12:35 AM   #592
FictionJunction
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to FictionJunction Send a message via MSN to FictionJunction Send a message via Yahoo to FictionJunction Send a message via Skype™ to FictionJunction
Default Re: TWG CI: Fiction's Birthday Party

Maybe if you actually read the thread.................

Quote:
Originally Posted by James May View Post
Lol. So tell me fic, since you say that you know Manti better, what would wolf Manti do? I am curious to know since this claim made me giggle a bit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FictionJunction View Post
if I told you that Manticore still cares about TWG would you believe it?

Maybe. The thing about Manticore is that he cares about TWG but he is very selective about what games he cares enough about to participate in. This is a little problematic because it allows him to play behind a veil of authoritative apathy as a red. It's difficult to reveal Manti's tell because you have to strike at the heart of what Manti cares about: being right, calling people out and winning. That last bit is the most important, obviously, because it supersedes the former two. Manti is willing to be wrong and is willing to forgo calling people out in exchange for a win. The only circumstance that would choose to do this is him being red.

So, we must look back and ask is Manti posting less because he normally 'joins' games on d2 d3? Is he posting less because he wants to get a clear read on people? Is he only posting to complain about people raising stupid questions because he's annoyed? Is he purposefully filtering himself? Weren't there particular moments in the thread that I would have expected Manti to say something constructive?

Because, let's face it, Manti is busy playing Ninja Gaiden but Manti also gets turned on by the possibility of leading people out of a mess. I think that opportunity presented itself a number of times.