View Single Post
Old 09-26-2013, 01:17 PM   #16
Spenner
Forum User
Retired Staff

Send a message via MSN to Spenner Send a message via Skype™ to Spenner
Default Re: Any other Buddhists, New Agers, Occultists on FFR

I am not a buddhist, but I do adapt a lot of their philosophies; I also studied kungfu for 8 years which was heavily grounded in buddhism, especially with mindfulness, qi manipulation, etc. Qi was interesting because I'm not 100% sure what to think about it, especially after demonstrations that felt very bizarre (punching me in the abs a certain way, not hard at all, that felt like there was a force that flipped gravity for my insides, and then an uncontrollable urge to curl over).

I find it very useful for letting things come and go, self control, mindfulness, etc. There definitely isn't a day where I haven't used what I've learned.

As far as new age stuff goes, I like the idea of Pandeism, and other metaphors for the universe's birth, but none I strongly believe in. They're just neat to imagine. Things like numerology and astrology have absolutely no interest for me though, for pretty obvious reasons. Sacred geometry similarly feels less important, but I like aspects of it for aesthetic ideas, and thinking about quantum related things. All with a grain of salt though.

Last edited by Spenner; 09-26-2013 at 01:21 PM..
Spenner is offline   Reply With Quote