View Single Post
Old 09-22-2013, 01:37 AM   #82
Oni-Paranoia
No fucks
FFR Veteran

Default Re: Grand Theft Auto V

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reincarnate View Post
Does this game pick up much? I'm still at the beginning but honestly I'm getting bored. You start out as Franklin (I think his name is -- the black dude) and pretty much do nothing but errands (drive here, talk to this person, okay go pick up this bike, now go pick up this car using a tow-crane truck).

Where's all the cool shit? I worry I've gone retarded and am missing the obvious or something.
Listen to the story. Unlock all characters. Do the ? missions. Learn how to effectively rob a security truck. Invest in stocks when Lester gives you missions (as he hints which stocks to invest in most of the time). Look for some hidden items without going online for the easter eggs or look for the easter eggs online and then find them in-game. Listen to conversations when walking around and see how far they go (you'll be surprised sometimes.)

Honestly, all the side missions have interested me because they lead you outside areas you wouldn't have noticed. When I bought the dock in North Chumash I was granted two missions of deep sea exploration. The detail is really good, the items you find inside the sunken ships and airplanes are interesting along with some other sunken goodies. The back stories have a little life in them which is something GTA has tried to do and has succeeded doing along side the carnage you can cause with the freedom you're given.

There's a ghost you can view for only minute that has a message written in blood at Mount Gordo. A frozen alien is visible in the tutorial. A strange drawing appears in Mount Chiliad in the lift exit. Bigfoot is visible during a mission for a brief moment using your thermal scope on your sniper. A UFO is crash landed underwater near Paleto Bay.

The game may feel a bit bigger when you compare it to the past GTA's. I've played all of them through for years on end since I was a child so this game feels absolutely amazing to me.

tl;dr

Play the game because it has a lot of shit to offer after you do your first heist and have more characters to play with.
Oni-Paranoia is offline   Reply With Quote