View Single Post
Old 09-4-2013, 01:21 PM   #1896
SCWolf
༼ ͡◉ل͜ ͡◉༽ 👌
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to SCWolf Send a message via MSN to SCWolf Send a message via Skype™ to SCWolf
Default Re: The Fitness Thread

Rubix, think of how much time you've wasted doing nothing and making no progress, when you could have been in there doing everything terribly and making more progress. Stop wasting time because you're too worried about your form. If you're really worried about your form, get a smart phone, bring it to the gym with you and watch instructional videos before you do the exercise. Some exercises are going to take more work than others to get down, but you WILL get it. My first program for the gym was ridiculous, but did I make gains? Absolutely, because my diet was there.

If you're looking to lose weight, just go to the gym and do cardio. You don't HAVE to weight train. If you do want to weight train though, I have something for you, and hopefully you consider it.

This program was done up by my friend. The dietary advice is from me.

Monday
Skwat - 5/3/1
Stiff Leg / RDL / Goodmorning - 3x10
Abs - 3x10
Supersetted with
Unilateral (Step ups, walking lunges, etc) - 3x10

Tuesday
Flat Bench - 5/3/1
Incline Bench - 5x10
Pulldowns - 5x10
Dumbbell Row - 5x10
Triceps - 3x10

Thursday
Deadlift - 5/3/1
Front Squat - 3x8
Abs - 3x10
Supersetted with
Back Raise - 3x10

Friday
Overhead Press - 5/3/1
Dips / Close Grip Bench - 5x10
Horizontal Pull - 5x10
Upper back - 5x10
Bicepticons - 3x10
On lower days, you would do Agile 8 before you start lifting. Here's a link to Agile 8. http://www.defrancostraining.com/ask..._08-10-03.html

5/3/1 works like this
Find your maxes for all the lifts in the program that are listed 5/3/1
Your training max is 90% of your max
You base these percentages on your training maxes
Week one is your 5's week. 5,5,5+
65%,75%,85%
3's week. 3,3,3+
70%,80%,90%
5/3/1+
75%, 85%,95%
Lower body lifts progress by 10lbs per 5/3/1 cycle, upper body lifts progress by 5lbs
When you plateau in strength, you deload.

As for diet, read this over.

Chicken breast in bulk from Costco. Get freezer bags, tupperware containers and as much chicken as you think you'll need before you can get back out to get more.

Put chicken in freezer bags, then into tupperware containers. Put the containers in the deep freeze until you're ready to eat them. Take 3 breasts out per day, basically as a way of forcing yourself not to slack on getting in lean proteins.

When you cook your chicken (this is really beneficial for lazy people) on your George Foreman grill (if you have one), put tin foil over the grill before you put the chicken on it. This will prevent any type of cleaning on the grill. Saves lots of time.

Getting a food scale would be incredibly beneficial to make sure you're not going over your caloric goals. Most information is listed on the nutrition facts, but lean, whole foods usually don't come with nutrition facts unless they're boxed.

10 Minute brown rice will work wonders for being a complex carb source. Also it's low in calories, so that's beneficial. If you're mega lazy, Mr. Noodle should even suffice. It has a relatively high carb count and low caloric density.

Vector cereal in the mornings. High carbs, protein and calories. Perfect for starting off the day. Also oatmeal.

Peanut butter sandwiches, lots of boiled eggs and fish is amazing if you actually like it. Tuna especially.

You know how to find your BMR and TDEE, so the math is nothing you have to worry about, it's the consistency you fail at. You have to stop worrying about what you COULD do, and just fucking DO it. you will get there eventually. The only person stopping you, is literally you.

Last edited by SCWolf; 09-4-2013 at 01:24 PM..
SCWolf is offline   Reply With Quote