View Single Post
Old 08-27-2013, 02:38 PM   #1
Riotpolice
"Reach For The Stars"
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Riotpolice Send a message via Skype™ to Riotpolice
Default Get the shingles shot

This thread is in response to this thread: So, I have gout.

In my effort to increase awareness of this disease, I give you this thread:
SHINGLES

Shingles is a incurable disease that 2/3 people get (so, you have very good odds of getting this). If you've had chicken pox, the shingles virus is already inside you. This virus does not show itself until you are in your late 50's early 60's but can vary from person to person. My stepmom had shingles, and she described it one of the worst pains besides child birth. Shingles works by attacking nerve clusters at your spine, creating shooting, unbearable pain. It will start out looking like a red rash usually spotted on your lower back, almost to the center of your spine. Then it usually starts to work its way around and wrap around your waist and then becomes extremely painful. I say usually because in rare cases shingles can go across your face and actually blind you. It is also extremely contagious, if you touch your hand to your affected area and touch someone else, they will now have shingles.

However, there is something you can do. Take the shingles shot. Take it when you are around 30-45 (because my stepmom got them before 50 even though they advise you to get it at 50). If you choose to take it, your chances of getting shingles is lower than without taking it. However there is still a chance you can still get shingles. If you happen to get shingles anyway, you will receive a lesser reaction from the singles virus than if you hadn't taken it. If you do not take the shot, you will receive the full brunt of the virus and be exposed to its painful effects.

I'm sure you guys can go to Google for more information on this topic, but I really wanted to bring this to the communities attention because looking at that gout thread and having this happen to me does not sound like my cup of tea.

Feel free to comment or add anything about this topic.

PS: (Sorry for sounding like that advertisement we all heard about on TV half a bajillion times, but this is some shit that you really really don't want. For all the above information, I'm just going off of what I know about it.)
Also why is "summon" in quotation marks as usually that signifies an alternate meaning like for example last night I "visited" your mother but it really means last night I "fucked her in the ass" so exactly what is the subtext of "summon" because I am not sure I am comfortable with the implications

Quote:
Originally Posted by m0de View Post
im usually the "nice guy" around these parts.. but this is bad, and you should feel bad. i would rather dip my balls in honey and hover them over a red ant hill than to ever hear such butchered crap.

Last edited by Riotpolice; 08-27-2013 at 02:48 PM..
Riotpolice is offline   Reply With Quote