Old 08-26-2013, 03:42 AM   #29
kommisar
Dark Chancellor
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music Producer

Send a message via AIM to kommisar Send a message via MSN to kommisar
Default Re: 2013 Civic, Destroyed.... :'(

Quote:
Originally Posted by reuben_tate View Post
Oh wow, that sounds pretty awful :/ Is the car still in working condition for the most part (i.e. is majority of the damage all cosmetic?). I know you mentioned tire damage which can cost a bit of money but at least that's not as bad as saying driving into a tree and destroying everything in the hood of the car where you have the majority of the things that perform the crucial processes that allow a car to drive.

Imho, brand new cars are almost never worth the investment. The value of a brand new car can go down thousands of dollars the instant you buy it and drive it off the lot. I'm sure there are plenty of arguments as well for buying a new car (such as almost being guaranteed that it's going to be in good working condition which could lead to lower insurance rates and that sorta thing) so I won't question your decision to buy the $30,000 car but just letting you know there are cheaper alternatives to buying a brand new car :P
you seem to forget you get a 5 year warranty on most new cars and in theory should last you a solid decade