View Single Post
Old 08-24-2013, 10:30 PM   #67
SCWolf
༼ ͡◉ل͜ ͡◉༽ 👌
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to SCWolf Send a message via MSN to SCWolf Send a message via Skype™ to SCWolf
Default Re: What kind of phone do you have?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzy View Post
I find it weird that the galaxy s4 could possibly lag. Out of every android phone I've used I have never experienced anything like that, but I've never used that particular phone.

My Optimus G responds so well that I'd almost say it is too sensitive. Even with all the pointless gui animations nothing is ever choppy and nothing takes time to load.
Framerate consistency becomes something you notice when it becomes your job. The Optimus G seems fine in the basic UI navigation, as does the S4. When it comes to apps though, really unimpressive performance from the S4. Basic scrolling up and down isn't consistent and will have regular skips and jumps. I even found that in Soundcloud, I'd get like 20fps just swiping through songs. There were a ton more little things that just really bugged me. Things that shouldn't exist on phones today.

I went in completely optimistic, came out salty.

On the topic of frame-rate consistency and just general fluidity, Windows phone had it down before Apple did. The iPhone 5 was the first iPhone I purchased, and it was 100% because it was finally where it needed to be.

Last edited by SCWolf; 08-24-2013 at 10:34 PM..
SCWolf is offline   Reply With Quote