View Single Post
Old 08-20-2013, 08:41 PM   #1
yo man im awesome
soleil ardent
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Rupeethon (Charity for Child's Play!)

Hey everybody! So, at the end of this week (Thursday, August 22nd - Saturday, August 24th), my sister and I are going to be a part of a gaming marathon referred to as Rupeethon. Every year, we marathon through assorted Zelda games in order to collect donations for the charity Child's Play (All donations go straight to the charity.). This year, we're going to be playing through The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, and The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker. Under normal circumstances we would play through a larger amount of games, but due to our 3 day time-constraint, and our lack in ability to play (that's the fun of it, we're all terrible!), we're likely going to be restricted to these two games. If we finish them early, we of course will be happy to play another Zelda game (usually we use extra time to play silly side-games like Link's Crossbow Training, etc.).

This is the first year that I'm going to physically be a part of it, and I'd like to make sure we get nice increase in viewers/donaters. If you decide to come and watch the screen (please do!), you are by no means obligated to donate. Just being there and possibly spreading the world is all we can ask of you! Over the past 3 Rupeethons, we've collected a total of $10,051.47 in donations! This year, I'd like to see if we collect even more than what we have in one year in the past.

I myself am going to be on air in the stream all day (10 AM to 9 PM EST) on Friday, and there's a possibility of me also being on from 5 PM to ~7 PM on Saturday. However I would appreciate if you guys would stick around to watch the stream for more than just when I'm on, hahah.

Throughout the stream, we will make donation challenges. For example, we might say something along the lines of "Donate x dollars and I'll play blindfolded/upside down/One handed/etc." or people might make drawing requests. Keep in mind, most of us are already bad at these games, so we're doing any speedrun tactics or any gamebreaking stuff, we're just playing through the games regularly, only doing necessary stuff, with the occasional sidequest. There are a great many things we'll do for donations, one of the girls that participated last year almost had her head shaved! (We likely won't do anything that extreme, but I think you get the picture) We also have a multitude of prize giveaways as well! What we have available as prizes are secrets until the stream shows them, they're usually won through twitter contests, raffle giveaways, and the like.

So... yea. If you guys could all do me a HUGE favor and hop in and watch the stream at least for a little bit on one of these upcoming 3 days, it would mean the world to me and everyone else participating in the stream! Thank you so much guys!

Links to the facebook page/website

https://www.facebook.com/Rupeethon?ref=br_tf

http://rupeethon.org/

Stream link:

http://rupeethon.org/watch.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by choof View Post
you double dad loving dipshit
Quote:
Originally Posted by t-rogdor View Post
dammit now i have to smoke a picture of choof out of a bong
Quote:
Originally Posted by smartdude1212 View Post
I can't be the only guy who has wondered what it'd be like to menstruate all over the shower.
yo man im awesome is offline   Reply With Quote