View Single Post
Old 07-17-2013, 12:56 PM   #19
clasko1000
Ima Twans
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to clasko1000
Default Re: What makes some people more able to time better than others at rhythm games?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TC_Halogen View Post
Necros brought up the same thing that I would have; as an ITG player (or rather, a pad player on and off for the past 10 years), what sort of neural advantages might I see as opposed to an exclusive FFR/SM/(keyboard game) player?
I guess i dont really understand why someone would question this, while i have thought about it. I dont have any friends that play FFR who "do not" DDR/ITG. It doesn't bring me to a consensus that players have any advantages from playing only one. I think that all rhythm games help you improve no matter what game or style. For example, i just attained my first 2 AAA's in the 60's, I have every song on every DDR game AA'ed(wasnt all that interested in AAA'ing except a few songs), and can do some 11's(+ delirium) in ITG.(I prefer to play toe style, its more fun to me, but i will put my bar on the pad and play heal to do this, however i find it much less enjoyable.

I can tell you that im much better than a couple friends at PA'ing pad songs, even with friends that can play higher difficulty's than me and I notice that i can read songs in ITG outside of my being able to move, so i attribute that to playing FFR.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TC_Halogen View Post
Also, is there a possible explanation for as to why certain people experience heavier devolution on extended breaks than others who take extended breaks of the same duration?
I find that every time i come back to FFR over a break I'm better, i don't know why. I try to play songs every little while, while not focusing on score. I guess that's not really a break, but yea. I do play other rhythm games during my time away so that my contribute my skill. Rockband, DDR/ITG, GH, Technica, Beatmania, This could by why i don't drop.

I know i haven't really answered your questions fully(sorry, i ramble), but i have a theory that some people are just better at games, it has to do with one's intellect. I always hold my little brother in high regards because hes much smarter than myself. He beats me at almost every game we play competitively, but hes not really into rhythm gaming. **This could pose another question, that does rhythm games take intellect, or is it all instinct? I don't know, i feel that im good at games because i have good motor skills.

P.S. A ex at the time bought that Theatrhythm Final Fantasy game and was struggling at medium difficulty. I was like 1-2 NPS for you to tap with your stylist. The whole game = ROFLSTOMP EZ.

EDIT: I though Halogen was the topic starter, i should learn what clicking a link on the right side of the front page does... :/

Best AAA's | Slam the door(61) Scars Left By Time(62) What Lies Beyond The Mountains(62)

Quote:
Originally Posted by emerald000 View Post
I'll take some more free boosters please.
Quote:
Originally Posted by choof View Post
please do the community a favor
http://ffr.wikia.com/wiki/FAQ
clasko1000 is offline   Reply With Quote