View Single Post
Old 07-16-2013, 08:49 PM   #53
Frank Munoz
Vophie
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Default Re: No longer interested in gaming :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon890x View Post
I think life has you forgetting what's most important when it comes to playing games, that being entertainment. You're playing to enjoy your time spent, to have fun. It seems like your current life changed your perspective on how you choose which actions to take. If you don't believe me, read what I quoted above.

You're worrying about missing secrets and having to replay parts the game. I see issues of completionist ideals and anxiety over time restraints. These are holding you back.

Not that I'm some sort of psychologist or anything, it's just an observation. I'm sure you'll figure out what's really burning you out soon enough.
I blame kongregate
Knowing that rubix was very active there, obtaining countless "badges" to achieve a goal common to us all, prolly forces him to think that he needs to complete every game 100% (which isn't bad, but ina way it's sorta competing with the game itself) and since he's been doing this for so long it's now a hobby turned into a job/chore. or something like that. I'm totally talking outa my ass