Old 07-11-2013, 01:21 AM   #2118
arcnmx
nanodesu~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to arcnmx
Default Re: FFR Suggestions

Quote:
Originally Posted by qqwref View Post
Many older users such as myself actually had to play through all those files to AAA them, and being able to play on a higher rate would make that work pointless.
But that's the point, it *is* pointless to go through and AAA a bunch of terrible files. It's the worst form of grinding that no one should need to do - this is a game, players should be having fun. The files need to be removed, fixed, or otherwise hidden regardless of whether they can be on rates but that's a different discussion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by qqwref View Post
to have a minimum rate of 1.2 or so (so the rate must be either 1.0, or at least the minimum)
Hm, I have to disagree with this. I assume you're putting it forward as a solution to the roll issue? I dislike it because requiring that minimum seems to make the change geared toward playing easier songs, but not allow people to play songs that normally challenge them on 1.0 a little harder, which is quite a fun thing to do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug31 View Post
Sorry if this is unrelated to the recent posts but I got an idea. It'd be nice if there were some way to listen to the songs at different rates without actually having to play them. It would be cool to have it added to game level stats, but if that's too hard, another thing that would be cool would be an option to play with fail off. It would probably have to make scores not record but if you're using a rate mod anyway there'd be no additional drawback.
I kind of want to get rid of isolations and just kind of merge them into a practice mode with no-fail that lets you play different parts of a song. Many other things take priority though, so it won't happen for a while. Not sure if you're looking to watch or just listen though, why would you want to listen to a song on rates >.>

FMO AAAs (1): Within Life :: FGO AAAs (1): Einstein-Rosen Bridge
arcnmx is offline   Reply With Quote