View Single Post
Old 07-4-2013, 11:08 PM   #39
FontSize72LOL
☆~{2D <3}~☆
FFR Veteran

Default Re: drizzleRomanceGirl's FFR Team Tournament

Quote:
Originally Posted by drizzleRomanceGirl View Post
Thank you for the advice, but in my opinion, I think using mirror is going against what the original stepartist intended. I really don't like the idea of inverting the entire stepchart to make the song easier or to avoid mindblocks. The stepartist stepped the file that way for a reason.
The original FFR only allowed you to use arrow keys, so i can make the argument that anyone who uses anything other than arrow keys is going against the spirit of FFR. While i respect the fact that you're hosting the tournament and you're taking the time out to organize things, In order for something like this to be successful, its going to have to be fun for everyone.

When you restrict something as basic and widely used as mirror, you're going to turn people off on joining your tournament. It is your opinion that mirror is bad, ok thats fine, but I guarantee that you're in the minority here that think that way. You probably should compromise on this, there isn't any reason not to.

Like i said in a previous post, there is nothing stopping me from changing my scroll direction, flipping my monitor image and remapping my keys. Its not that hard to do, and in doing so i have achieved ghetto mirror and there is absolutely no way for you to tell that i did this besides requiring a video.