View Single Post
Old 06-30-2013, 08:47 PM   #25
DontBanMeYet
Banned

Default Re: Cyber Bullying in 10 years

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaperclipGames View Post

You are naive. People can be influenced; and people who are already on the edge of doing something terrible can often very easily be influenced. If I were suicidal and posted a thread as a call for help, and everybody on FFR would tell me to kill myself because I'm a ******, then you're all comitting a crime. Indoctrinating someone into commiting crimes (because yes, suiciding is a crime) is illegal - and it should be trivial to realize why.
I'm just going to respond to your post like this:

You are naive(what about my statement led you to assume that I am naive? Are you assuming that i lack certain knowledge? what has led to you assume this? you are the person who is naive, you dont know the extent of my understanding and you are pretending to know in an effort to insult me on something completely unrelated to the topic at hand).
People can be influenced(No shit. I never said that they couldnt be influenced. Just because somebody is influenced by other people does not mean that the people who influenced them are responsible for the things that person does
; and people who are already on the edge of doing something terrible can often very easily be influenced(So what. Let the idiots be easily influenced, I'm not responsible for another person's weakness. a lot of times people go online and ask for help just to find others who will justify the things that they are already thinking. Know anything about confirmation bias?).
If I were suicidal and posted a thread as a call for help, and everybody on FFR would tell me to kill myself because I'm a ******, then you're all comitting a crime.What crime is being committed? If everybody was helpful and the person still killed themselves, would somebody get charged for not doing enough to prevent the suicide?
Indoctrinating someone into commiting crimes (because yes, suiciding is a crime) is illegal - and it should be trivial to realize why.You want to talk about indoctrinating people into committing crimes(suicide being one of those crimes), look at the justice system in America. The prison environment breeds criminal behavior and many prisoners end up committing suicide. Cyberbullying is trivial compared to the injustice of our justice system. Telling somebody to kill themselves over the internet isn't exactly indoctrination.

p.s. you edited out an important part of my post when you quoted me

Last edited by DontBanMeYet; 06-30-2013 at 10:47 PM.. Reason: U JUST GOT PWND
DontBanMeYet is offline   Reply With Quote