View Single Post
Old 06-17-2013, 05:08 PM   #1548
mnnicol
U mirin'?
FFR Veteran

Default Re: The Fitness Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reach View Post
Consistency matters 100x more than knowing what you're doing.

I tried saying this so many times but - squats don't matter. Nothing really matters. The key is picking something you can do consistently and to keep doing it while making some changes to your diet.

You've just listed a bunch of exercises. Why don't you pick the ones you like, do them 3x a week and make some changes to your diet. And this time, no quitting

I mean, if you want to look like mnnicol, well, you can do all of the stuff we're doing but

If you just want to lose weight it's mostly consistency and exercise and diet.
Keeping tabs on your diet is seriously 80% of the battle when trying to make any sort of change in your physical appearance (whether you're lifting or not). Like I said over FB, I've made more progress this past year than I did the previous 1.5-2 years of lifting because I decided to stay on top of my food intake.

I suggested he download MyFitnessPal as it's got a wide variety of foods on their database and from what I understand, it's fairly user-friendly. Although I'm sure certain foods can vary quite a bit (especially fast food), at least he'll have a ballpark figure to his overall caloric intake.

Quote:
Got a good chuckle out of his more recent video on mr. biolayne and his obvious use of supplementary supplements

For the record, you already have a pretty sick physique :P Just finished a cut myself, got incredibly lean. Only sitting at around 170.5 right now though.
Yeah, I really don't know who to believe. I want to give both Layne and Ryan Doris the benefit of the doubt, but what do I know. Jason said he believes Lavado is natty, so that's all I care about (Lavado's back is so awesome!)

And appreciate it, bro. I'm starting my reverse diet today, which I hope will lead into a relatively lean bulk. Really want to bring my chest, delts, and traps up this time round
mnnicol is offline   Reply With Quote