View Single Post
Old 06-17-2013, 05:00 PM   #1547
Reincarnate
x'); DROP TABLE FFR;--
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Default Re: The Fitness Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reach View Post
Consistency matters 100x more than knowing what you're doing.

I tried saying this so many times but - squats don't matter. Nothing really matters. The key is picking something you can do consistently and to keep doing it while making some changes to your diet.

You've just listed a bunch of exercises. Why don't you pick the ones you like, do them 3x a week and make some changes to your diet. And this time, no quitting

I mean, if you want to look like mnnicol, well, you can do all of the stuff we're doing but

If you just want to lose weight it's mostly consistency and exercise and diet.

I think my fear is going through all the mental toil of keeping myself motivated/overhauling my diet for many months only to find that not much happens. In general I want to know that I'm doing the best exercises I can with what I have so that I'm using time more efficiently. I want to walk out of the gym knowing that I did everything correctly -- that I did the best I could possibly do -- and that everything's going according to plan. Without that confidence/plan, it's nerve-wracking as hell.

I know the counter-response to that kind of argument is "Well, not going to the gym at all guarantees no change. Any time spent is better than no time spent at all." It's true, but also incomplete due to the fact that there is mental upkeep to the whole thing. Motivation's really hard for me, and so I don't like flying blindly -- and there is a legitimately-true cutoff point in my mind where I think, "Even if I lost only five pounds over this planned timespan, that's not worth the effort."

Last edited by Reincarnate; 06-17-2013 at 05:02 PM..
Reincarnate is offline   Reply With Quote