View Single Post
Old 06-11-2013, 02:45 PM   #20
korny
It's Saint Pepsi bitch
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to korny
Default Re: Super Smash Bros. (3DS and Wii U)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Munoz View Post
iono, brawl isn't too bad.
I also didn't think melee was "that" good either.

Melee and Brawl were both equal for me//
but SSB, oh DAMN that was a good game. If they just updated it a bit i would spend the rest of my life on it again
You most definitely probably only reached a certain level of skill in melee to say that brawl is an equal for you. One who understands the sheer technicality and mastery over spacing to punish an opponent worthy of mention would never say that. In truth, very few people are ever qualified enough to make comparative statements between smash bros games in general in my experience. Basically, everyone thinks they're good at super smash bros. lol.

Brawl isn't a *horrible* game, it's just not melee. If you're as good at melee as I am at least, then you should be able to find that one niche character that enables you to pick apart an undeserving noob preying upon the nerfed mechanics giving the illusion that he has some sort of skill, because brawl is very good at doing that which in result sort of frustrates the smash bros. players who truly learned with grueling effort the technicalities of smash through melee. The thrill of a fast paced, neutral stage fox vs falco, or grueling yet chess like spacing game of a peach vs jigglypuff will never be known in brawl or the original. Brawl and the original however can be fun when you want to stroke your ego at a random party of those claiming skill.

Like brawl, this game isn't going to be melee at all. Regardless, it's always fun to stroke the ego when its a video game you're good at. I can bet that the online network will be virtually lagless in comparison to brawls failure of a network in order to win back members of the community and receive new ones. I was negative about this game at first, but I don't want to underestimate what this game might have in store for us. I'm sure the spectrum was heard regarding what people had to say about brawl. I can only hope enough was done in response to the diehard communities feelings, to create a new game altogether that makes talking trash in smash worth something again.
korny is offline   Reply With Quote