View Single Post
Old 06-11-2013, 08:19 AM   #16
Mollocephalus
Custom User Title
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to Mollocephalus
Default Re: Hello FFR, today we build an ITG pad

Good points! let me reply to what you said.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon890x View Post
First off, make sure you either coat the metal with something to prevent rusting due to sweat, or ensure that the pad is cleaned after every use. It will become a problem if you let it go for too long.
Everything except the bar is alluminium. I don't think it will ever be a problem

Quote:
The back bar should have supporting bars that come down to the floor. I'm not sure how stable your bar is. Mine was strong and had supporting back bars. Even with all of that, it still bent slightly after awhile.
The bar is attached to two metal plates, which will be then tightly screwed to the wood with 6 bolts for each plate. the bar will also be locked at the level of the pads by a wooden structure which will incapsulate it. That will have to be tested, i can't say for sure now if my method will be stable enough, even though by the looks of it, it should be.

Quote:
Lastly, sliding squares. This wasn't a problem for me at first, but after heavy use, the square tiles began to move around. I believe most of that was due to the holding screws becoming loose. The squares didn't move much, but it would cause buttons to die when they did, and in the middle of a game too. It was very annoying. I could expect having to stop what I'm doing, position the tiles back in place, and screw everything down at least once a session.
This is what bugged me tremendously about cobalt flux and this is why i came up with a radically different system. Screwing down the arrow is a terrible idea, in fact my arrow pads won't have any screws. They will be held in place by the small plates in the inner angles and from the outside by a tightly screwed alluminium bar. There will be a simple system to remove the arrow for mantainance, but in normal conditions it will always stay in place.

Quote:
I hope this helps, and good luck! I've always wanted to do something like this. From the looks of it, you're already off to a good start.
Well i hope it takes off Thanks for the support!