View Single Post
Old 05-31-2013, 08:18 PM   #6202
Xx{Midnight}xX
FFR Player

Default Re: Queue/Batch Discussion Thread v2 (Batch #1 complete)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04im View Post
i didnt read midnight's post cause jsut like everyBodi else I cant be boethered to Read Longe Post so idk men
Short of being one of the judges, tbh you don't need to read it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TC_Halogen View Post
Middie:

-1 for the stringency (you kinda ran into a double-edged sword -- it was good that it was very easy to understand, but you left yourself no room to really keep it different and fresh).
-1 for the huge jumpstream difficulty spike in the final stretch
-1 for the notation change at the end -- you had very powerful accents at the end of each drum fill that signified the start of a new measure, but you divided the BPM by 2/3 and it made some of those accents on 12th notes, which really didn't look very good.
- I start all files off with a base value of 9.

I want a re-judge of two of my files, because I got completely screwed over by Kommi, and his notes were absolute garbage.

It is kind of bull shit I lose an automatic point because of your judging prefrences, and I lose a point for climaxing the ending.

They're entirely separate beats in their own right, but concept wise I would ask you would you dock Pandora for the same spike (remember this is in concept), and dock it harder because the spike there is greater? I imagine your answer would likely be no, so I'm confused at why you would dock me for a difficulty spike, especially when the idea of this stream existing is kind of in the back of your head because of the broken jumpstream earlier giving you a foreshadow of it.

The only docks from that exact list I can even agree with are the stringency dock and the bpm reduction ignoring the "which really didn't look very good." part of your reasoning.

Also, while his notes aren't "garbage" because they're at least insightful, I would sort of like to see a rereview of N's Farewell in place of Dossar's, he's not a bad guy but I don't think his insights warranted the docks given due to being an argument over such subjective ideas.

Also Xiz, nice job on smile song. I'm gonna hate it when it gets in game because of how happy it is, but I least hope your chart is way better than the one I was working on forever ago and scrapped.