View Single Post
Old 05-31-2013, 12:07 PM   #6176
FissionMailed1
FFR Player

Send a message via Skype™ to FissionMailed1
Default Re: Queue/Batch Discussion Thread v2 (Batch #1 complete)

Quote:
Guile of the Rime King (FissionMailed1) - [+.] 7/10
- I feel like the 48th graces aren't necessary starting at s64.54.
- s73.47, a 3 note long 16th jack at nearly 200 bpm seems like it would irritate a player immensely since this is easily a good trap.
- The part with the gabber-like sounds are pretty fun to hit.
- s141.19, start changing up the patterns here. Copy and pasting this pattern causes the simfile to become bland.
- This part feels overlayered at s150.89, I'd tone down on the hands whenever the slow downs come in.
- There aren't really errors, just a lot of copy and pasting. Nice job on the file though.
- Made grace notes fall on the same frame.
- Made this two minijacks.
- Thanks!
- Disagree. This is the only time this part repeats.
- I understand where you are coming from, but I wanted to acknowledge both the Drum and Bass as well as the bells. The Drum and Bass rhythms are pretty distinct here, and the bells are pretty noticeable, so I wanted to reflect that in the steps.
- Thanks again!

Quote:
Guile of the Rime King

Compared to other Clonepa songs, this is relatively enjoyable, and the same can be said for the chart. Patterns flow well for the most part, some of the jacks are pretty brutal at this speed, but the file is geared towards better players. Grace note usage is solid, and the PR throughout the file is really well done. 8/10
Glad you liked the file! I fixed the jack, as I mentioned above.

Quote:
Guile of the Rime King (FissionMailed1)
Rating: 8/10 [+]
- 2.254/2.406: these two notes land right next to each other in terms of tone, so use U/R instead of R/U (not a big deal, but it was the very first thing I saw )
- 31.228: good attention to PR.
- 64.559/64.854: accenting the clap with a different color is fine, but in this particular area, it is daunting to hit separated as is -- this likely will create a nasty frame issue, too -- be mindful of things like this. It might be better to just turn the 48ths to 4ths (i.e. 4th jumps) rather than separating, just for the sake of playability and frame cleanliness.
- 73.469: change this to something that isn't a down arrow, as the next two pairings of notes are a different percussion sample
- 115.438: very nice change in pattern for the tonal change
- 146.723: missed a note
- for my tastes, not bad at all! One of the minor things that I noticed was a slight inconsistency in colored accenting for overtones (buzzes) in half BPM areas, but it's hardly a big deal. The structure is pretty straight-forward, but the pattern choice really shines during the drum breaks, as patterns repeat in accordance to the sequencing of the samples. Also: is it possible for you to get a constant BPM for this? Your sync seemed pretty good, but I couldn't help but notice that it was jumping all over the place, which is a little odd for Clonepa, haha.
- Fixed! Thanks, no idea why I did that.
- Thank you.
- Made these fall on the same frame, as mentioned above.
- Fixed this as well, also mentioned above.
- Thank you
- Good catch. Added the missing note.
- I synced mostly every measure by hand. To me, sync in general is really important. When I play files that are a constant BPM, but the music actually varies a little bit, it frustrates me because I tap along to the music and get lower judgments than I should be.

Quote:
Guile of the Rime King (FissionMailed1) - at 151.7 drop everyone by one(hands to jumps jumps to singles) with jumps really only going to the snare because the volume is lower and removing pretty much all of the layering would reflrect that. cut song at 180 6.5
Addressed the layering issue earlier in this post. I don't agree with cutting this, because there are parts later on that vary significantly than before.

I'm not going to comment on my Canary Part 3 reviews. It was my second file, the song choice isn't that good, and I'm done with this file for good.

YOUR THROBBING MULTIFARIOUS LUSTFUL DESIRES ARE COMPLETED N YOUR HYPER-ORANGE SELF, YOU MAKE ME LOVE AGAIN, YOU'VE CHANGED MY HEART, MY MELANCHOLIA DISAPPEARS WHEN YOU ARE INSIDE OF ME, MY HUMAN RAGE IS TEMPERED WHEN I AM INSIDE YOU, THE SECRET IS COMMUNICATION, LONGEVITY, STAMINA, REPETITION, FURY, SOULFUL KISSING, EARPLUGS. YOU FUCKING CORPORATE COCKS AND CUNTS.

MY ANXIETY COMPLETE, MY DESIRE REPLETE, THE TASTE OF ORANGE BLOOD AND CUM AND GREENBACKS RUNNING DOWN MY FACE. THE STREETS WILL RUN ORANGE WITH YOUR MIXTURE OF CHEETOS AND HUNDRED DOLLAR BILLS REGURGITATED AND EATEN AND SHIT OUT AGAIN AND EATEN AGAIN.

YOU ARE MY SCULPTURE, MY SCULPTRA, MY SELF-DEFINITION. MY DEFINITION OF HUMANITY, MY HARMONY. MY HEART AND MY MIND.

YOU ARE SO ORANGE. SO CRUNCHY. SO CONSUMABLE.

THE NEW ORANGE UNDERGROUND IS THE ORANGE UP MY ASS. AND YOUR ASS.

I LOVE YOU CHEETOS.

Last edited by FissionMailed1; 05-31-2013 at 12:10 PM..