View Single Post
Old 05-28-2013, 09:31 AM   #10
StoneMcKnuckle
FFR Player

Default Re: ODIPack3 Simfile Reviews

aegis: quit out of it 'cause it seemed like a bunch of boring jumpstream drivel that's just too hard for me right now 5/10

apocynthion drive: it seems like a seriously fucking fun file, but I can't play it at all. failed it hehe 8/10

asdfmovie6 song: pretty fun file 7/10

autoprocess: way too hard for me. I really don't agree with using triple-arrow jumps for the basskick but other than that it seems like a decent generic drum file 6/10

Bambous: really fun, excellent use of freezes. it feels like some of them are a bit redundant tho but whatever. 8/10

battle team derp: overenergetic file with a buncha gay minijack jumps I quit out of it 4/10

bit howl: lol what the fuck. super gay retarded minijacks and then a bunch of jumpstream. I quit immediately 1/10

blue rose: should've been a solo file imo and those minijacks are kinda gay but it's pretty fun. 7/10

bullshitpower explosion: a little overenergetic, too much jumpstream 5.5/10

captain murasas ass anchor: tried heavy, aside from the mines this chart almost looks like something I'd make hah. guessing oni is gay, not gonna try 8/10

chaotic white: the beginning is excellent, but the rest of the file isn't all that interesting. what are all those minijacks going to? 6/10

child protective services theme song: heavy difficulty. pretty nice freeze usage in this, I had fun. 8/10

chronos: nice freeze usage. some parts feel way too overenergetic. why the fuck not follow the awesome lead? you made the chart harder but less interesting as a result. it's still a pretty good chart but i am sad 7/10 (ps this song is really cool heh)

cirnorhtl: lol.

clash: ignoring since it's my own file. (but it's kinda unfocused and bad.)

contact: never really saw the appeal for bursty files like these

oh boy a glove file. trying oni. okay yeah that seems like a really good file but is not fun at all so let's try heavy.

ok.

crack in the hourglass: really good file. only complaint is the jumpstream at the end gets really tedious when you could've easily done something more interesting by following the lead. also definitely should've been a solo file. 8.5/10

cyberstorm: are you blurk? /10

demonish anima appearance: overstepped imo. too many minijacks, not enough emphasis on pitch relevant patterns, should've been a solo file. I love songs like this, but they're generally really hard to make into good charts. :I 5/10

winnipeg: i quit out almost immediately 2/10

disheveled (oh boy more flahsblub): you do some really interesting stuff here and there. only problem is this is another derpy bursty drum chart and they all end up being way too similar. 6/10

do it this way: wow, that's interesting! it's a little overdone though, you sacrifice playability over technicality way too much but it's still definitely a cool file... just wish I had more fun playing it. 8/10

don't say anything: should have been 6-key and is a little overdone. not a huge fan of all those jacks, though some definitely fit. 6/10

urfquake: holy fuck those minijacks are dumb as shit also overdone as hell 4/10

eater merry: was pretty good until you chose to follow the drums instead of the lead towards the end. you can make freeze sections like that really interesting really easily, and even if you're lazy enough to not put any effort I'd honestly rather hit single freezes than that tired amen break shit. 7/10

ech of forever: pretty cool chart, but some of the design choices you do still boggle my brain. could've been a bit better and is ever so slightly overstepped imo, but is definitely a good chart. 8/10

ehen doyadosu derp denpa shit: i quit out pretty damn quickly. take some of that energy you put into your charts and become a doctor. 1/10

empty skydiving: jumpstream into dubstep burst overdrive then tab+esc equals 3/10

endlessssssssssssssstation: the drum parts are alright 'cause of great patterns. rest of the file is way more interesting, although that calm part towards the end has the backing note freeze length all wrong which bugged me. 6/10

eos: rhythmically pretty interesting chart. honestly I liked this a lot more than I thought I would, and the song doesn't really give you all that much to work with. this is probably about as good as it gets. 7/10

store time, I'm out

Last edited by StoneMcKnuckle; 05-28-2013 at 12:51 PM..
StoneMcKnuckle is offline   Reply With Quote