View Single Post
Old 05-27-2013, 09:53 PM   #3
AlexDest
good hot
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: ODIPack3 Simfile Reviews

=====BEGIN PART 1=====

Aegis (rparty89 & bmah) - 7.5/10
The song is a bit monotonous to me. Both of you stepped it well with very flowy jumpstream that's for sure; but, that was just it, nothing memorable really. Decent starter for this pack though.

Apocynthion Drive (Kommisar) - 8/10
The build-up for the song was very balanced. I really despise how you pattern your streams and jumpstreams, especially the ending jumpstream which was extremely difficult to make out and hit properly. Index friendly patterns at high speeds are very awkward to hit for me, then again, sugar coating the file with easier stream patterns just for better scoring and playability would probably just let the intense energy of the song go to waste. Good boss simfile, the rolls you used were certainly intriguing as well.

asdfmovie6 song (AlexDest) - N/A
My file.

Autoprocess (Coolboyrulez) - 8.5/10
This is extremely brutal and very fun to play. I feel like some patterns could have been looked at more, like that anchor jack that happens on the left arrow near the middle.

Bambous (Wayward Vagabond) - 9/10
Loved the different approach you went with for this song, flowed extremely well. It was dragging on up until the tap dancing + drum solo in the middle, which was redeeming and gave the simfile another kick start. Wasn't disappointed after that. Great job Carlos.

Battle! Team Plasma (Patashu) - 8/10
This is one of those simfiles where I have to play repeatedly to get the full enjoyment. You always step so dense in your simfiles, and it still plays well. Although, some of those polyrhythms I'm still 'eh' about, it looks all randomly placed but that's probably just me.

Bit Howl (t-rogdor & Detrimentalist) - 7.5/10
I don't know about everyone else, but this got repetitive to me and the ending didn't feel like it was as intense as the song suggests in the first half. Flowed pretty well but I felt this needed more "juice" in the ending.

Blue Rose (stargroup) - 9.5/10
I still can't fathom how you can step so fluently to a song itself. In comparison to the FFR chart, this is almost perfect. I felt like you could have acknowledged the swing within the bass line that came in halfway. Although that would cause the minijack section to become underwhelmed. Speaking of, that minijack section felt pretty eh to me compared to everything else.

BSpower explosion (SonicX & GLoVE) - 9/10
Heavy and Oni are similar to each other so I'll just review the Oni chart. A high-energy song with very diverse patterns. The jacks gave it that satisfying 'oomph' that the song displays and every bit of the chart flowed very well. Great job you two.

Captain Murasa's Ass Anchor (Gundam-Dude) - 9/10
OH BOY THIS FILE AGAIN. Although, I would agree that this is your most memorable file. Heavy is basically your old chart which is probably fun to play on higher rates. Oni includes different patterns, jacks, and slightly more layering, which is done well and does the song justice.

Chaotic WHITE (moches) - 7.5/10
I don't know, the jack theory was certainly fun to hit, but it was mostly dragging on because it all feels the same. Nothing phenomenal but I certainly have to give you credit for stepping this very accurately.

Child Protective Services Theme Song v2 (t-rogdor) - 8/10
Only reviewing the Oni chart. The very beginning was hit or miss to me, the bursts felt too rolly for me to really get the feel. The ending probably could have had a little more layering too. Overall though, this was still fun to play through.

=====END PART 1=====

Last edited by AlexDest; 05-28-2013 at 05:59 AM..
AlexDest is offline   Reply With Quote