Descension from Heaven
FFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: Music Works In Progress Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3t4kn1ght View Post
haha, I have no idea what sidechaining is
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herogashix View Post
@Ohaider. How do you usually sidechain? I end up placing a peak controller on the kick or whatever usually goes every quarter bar anyway. (Or end up making another kick but mute it.) Then add a Balance or on say the saw bass or noise then link the volume to the peak+lfo. Is there a different way that isn't using Gross Beat. Cause literally, that thing IS gross.
Quote:
Originally Posted by m3t4kn1ght View Post
I actually did put on a reveerb on the piano, but I can see now that it's barely hearable. when I first put on the effect it sounded way to echo-ish.
I can also see what you mean about the basskick, thats actually a mistake. I meant to lower it down in the final production, I was testing how it sounded when I turned it up a bit.
Sidenote, I am absolutely horrible with playing with effects. Thanks for the tips though! very helpfull. I hope to make more in the future and also get much better! (watched back by the way)
Reverb and Delay really help (use Reverb 2 and Delay Bank then lower the delay volume a little bit) with Pianos and even melody synths. Plucks usually piss me off if they have a lot of delay.

With Kicks, open up Parametric EQ 2 and make the mid a little quieter, then up the "2" to the first line (should be +3db/+6db iirc?) and the "6" to the right a bit and up a little more than the "2" was at.
That's how I usually make my kicks punchy and have bass. I also suggest downloading VEC-1 pack for a shitload of premade kicks, snares, claps and hats/cymbals. I've ended up using 3xOSC to make my kicks (hella layering, awye) though. I personally say NEVER touch "Fruity Bass Boost" at all ever for kicks.

Very great VSTs to use for pianos and other synths is ReFX Nexus2. I'd stay away from NI Massive since it's actually really a huge CPU eater depending on your computer. With Nexus2 piano presets, they usually already have reverb and delay so it's close to useless to put any of those effects there.

inb4 someone tells me how wrong I am with the EQ shit.

Also holy shit I'm dying of laughter. This is the greatest shit I've ever heard.
https://soundcloud.com/osaka-noise-ensemble/kore-wa-wareware-ga-sore-o

Last edited by Herogashix; 05-17-2013 at 09:53 AM..
Herogashix is offline   Reply With Quote