View Single Post
Old 05-8-2013, 11:25 AM   #2
UserNameGoesHere
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to UserNameGoesHere
Default Re: Need Help With XNA C# programming and 3D Models

I'm sorry I can't offer help on this particular thing as I've not done any XNA programming nor have I worked with texture mapping in general. So, why am I replying then, you might ask?

I want to encourage you to continue trying to work on this. You are entering some quite advanced territory (3D modelling and textures) and so you might not get a lot of feedback and I didn't want you to get discouraged, thinking people just didn't care or something like that.

In reality, if you manage to get this working, I and I believe many others, would much enjoy (if you would) working source code snippets or such (or the whole thing if you're cool with that) as I think many people could benefit from it.

The only advice I can give is try to find some XNA-specific forum or message board or, failing that, a C# one and/or to literally pour through all the available Microsoft documentation. The one good thing is Microsoft tends to have pretty good documentation for most stuff (unless it's really experimental or severely outdated).

If someone does manage to help, I don't think they'll do it for the 10K credits reward though. It just seems too small an amount for something more involved like this.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
UserNameGoesHere is offline   Reply With Quote