View Single Post
Old 04-15-2013, 08:01 PM   #15
Xx{Midnight}xX
FFR Player

Default Re: My photographic hobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarioNintendo View Post
Hey guys, I really enjoy reading your responses. Even Middie: while you disliked the picture, it's all fine since you gave constructive criticism.

I think I really like to photograph emptiness. The more I watch my pictures, the more I realize I often focus on what is not there. It makes my mind wander, like saying "What would I see if I was in the center of that picture?". I think that way of doing pictures gives a much more personal viewing experience since everyone will feel something different. Does explaining it that way make sense...? (Edit: it sort of makes me want to enter the picture to fill its emptiness)
Pardon my bumping, I never checked back to see your response:

But I mean it's not that I "dislike" the picture. I just was trying to point out I failed to see a crisp clear cut point to it. I just wanted to point out something that my photography and video instructors asked me to always keep in mind when composing a shot, which was the "so what?" If you can't even make headway at answering this, your work won't be as great as it can be, and it will also keep you from taking pictures of the same exact things over and over again and force new positioning and ideals on you. First year of photo class I spent half the year trying figure out a good way to go about this, and it's gonna differ between peoples.

But yeah the idea of emptiness is a bit fitting when I actually think about it. I like that idea.
Xx{Midnight}xX is offline   Reply With Quote