View Single Post
Old 03-25-2013, 08:53 PM   #552
bmah
shots FIRED
Global Moderator, User Support, Judge
Global ModeratorFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Default Re: ODIPack3 submissions (it's happening!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mollocephalus View Post
For the whole time i was looking for a baroque themed scenery, but i haven't found anything that seemed to fit the song more than this woman playing the piano. The tango dancing seems like a really good idea, however this song has various movements and they aren't all very tango-able :3

If you want, i could try to change the image with a somewhat abstract and dark tango dancer thing though.
Yeah, I'd love to see that. "Dark" tango dancer? I'd imagine the ladies would have a red dress while dancing! (if both sets are good I'll probably keep both and choose one as the main set)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dascookieman
but there is one single part that comes back twice that is just too annoying to hit, it's when the jacks are on the down arrow, and there are down+left jumps in there, it's in general a terrible pattern and it definitely think it needs to be changed, for both flow and scoring purposes. wtf bmah is on fire fourth file in the pack so far, you really make good stuff! i'll look it through in the editor and get back to you some day soon (i have a bunch of files now that i've promised to look at, will try and do them all whenever i don't have that many submissions to play sometime this week)
Fixed those parts. Should be more comfortable to play. (The previous patterns were a result of pretty rigid layering.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kommisar
Innocent Walls

-can't help but feel there should be a 4th note at beat 1
-16th at beat 24.250, this same sequence happens thoughout the file. just a tiny missed gap perhaps
-beat 176 the beats here don't sound syncopated at all. just sounds like straight drum n bass on 4th notes
- 4th note on beat 1? nope (unless I'm stepping the bg sounds, which I'm not)
- strange, I only spotted that twice near the beginning. Oh well, I'll add those
- that's not what I'm following. There are some more subtle synth sounds (best heard separately on beat 272) that I'm following. I also follow the same synths at the last bit of the song.

Revision sent!

Last edited by bmah; 03-25-2013 at 08:57 PM..
bmah is offline   Reply With Quote