View Single Post
Old 03-24-2013, 03:48 AM   #344
bmah
shots FIRED
Global Moderator, User Support, Judge
Global ModeratorFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Default Re: How to get better at FFR

@PrawnSkunk: I believe (through a few typos) that the user is asking about playing faster/more complicated charts with two hands as opposed to one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by naty123502 View Post
ive tried a thousand times to use to hands while playing to get faster but i never can. idkk why. so i just one but my fingers can only go so fast.. any advice?
So you're trying to become accustomed to playing two-handed? I suppose it starts with familiarizing yourself with the key setup you decide to use (e.g. ASKL). Have yourself become comfortable at partitioning the four arrow columns into two separate parts: left-hand columns (left and up arrows) and right-hand columns (down and right arrows).

Now practice songs to familiarize yourself with the various arrow patterns you may encounter. Some patterns will be biased to one of your hands (e.g. left-down-left-down is a left hand-biased pattern). Others will require you to use both hands in cooperation (e.g. left-down-up-right is a pattern that will transition from your left hand to your right).

At this point, it's just a matter of familiarizing yourself with arrow patterns to improve your hand-eye coordination. When you feel like you know how to approach most types of patterns without much thought, then you can focus on improving your finger speed. In other words, know what you're playing before focusing on speed!

Last edited by bmah; 03-24-2013 at 03:51 AM..
bmah is offline   Reply With Quote