Old 03-19-2013, 03:44 PM   #15
infinity.
sideways 8
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to infinity.
Default Re: FFR Pick'Em: March Madness Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastsideman09 View Post
They smashed UK in their first meeting though. When they're clicking, they're probably the most balanced team in the tourney. KenPom has them ranked #1 overall, and lists them as the only team ranked in the top 5 for both offensive and defensive efficiency. Numbers aside, my biggest concern for them would be winning close games. That said, being that it's tourney time, and they have a great, experienced coach, I think they'll be just fine.

I know it's a gamble, but I'm alright with that. No one's really picking them, and if they perform as well as I hope they do (which they really can), the advantage will swing my way. I don't buy Kansas either, which really makes it easy for me to have UF going deep.

I've done a lot more reading/research and have tweaked all my brackets since I posted that (and made my FFR bracket lol oh well). I've got Ohio State as consistently in the Final Four as I do UF, followed by Indiana, and Louisville/Duke. I've got two brackets that are more flexible, but those are the teams I'm most confident in.
well thought out. i have a really hard time having faith in OSU since they've lost to pretty much every ranked team they've played, so i have them busting to NewMex every bracket. and i 100% agree on the kansas thing, since they lose and/or do poorly in every important game.

really, this years march madness is going to be who can muster up the confidence and get on a roll early on -- no team is by and large the best team, and even the number one seeds are pretty contentious sans zaga, but they haven't played any really strong teams..

teams i expect to impress: Miami, Michigan State, Georgetown

nerds
infinity. is offline   Reply With Quote