View Single Post
Old 03-7-2013, 06:35 PM   #5448
psychoangel691
Retired Staff
All the things
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to psychoangel691
Default Re: Queue/Batch Discussion Thread v2 (Submissions CLOSED)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xx{Midnight}xX View Post
I'm not pissed. I'm confused as to why you all think that's ok to exclude people because of your opinions that they are not good enough to produce a chart in time.

You did miss the point, my complaint is that others of us whom you people (mistakenly) think "aren't worthy" in a sense can't attempt to get their charts in because of pure opinion.

Also, you are absolutely no different than Jae by making one (granted respectable) person view it and then make it a token. You also, like Jae, held internal batches. Explain to me exactly how what you did is any different? Oh sure, one (again respectable) person viewed the chart. Short of having the normal amount view it, you did nothing different than what he did.

And yeah oh no we have to hold more batches and open more opportunities, wow, such a bad thing right?

You, like Jae, and maybe others, shut out the chance for equal opportunity. Which you cannot argue is not fair. CHart's being released on a weekly basis is an event on it's own. So who's to say the batches wouldn't help there?

And also the time frame, was definitely more than enough to run more batches, I can't see time being an issue considering how long in advanced you began planning it, and with the large delay ect. Time is not a viable excuse.
You have no idea who looked over the files you're assuming one because we brought up bmah in a post. The lower level files were looked over by 3 people, the final for D6/D7 was looked over by Luis, Rob, bmah, myself, AJ said he was sending to JX not sure if that went or not. I could argue this point further but I'm not going to waste my time.

An internal batch is something that's gone on forever. It's not like it was something Jae invented. You had no complaints when Rave 7 was brought in on the official we did, or any of the other files that were brought in through an internal batch. All of a sudden you're pissed off this time around for whatever reason. Fact is the site has pulled files from more experienced steppers for events for a long time.

Where at all did I ever say that the people aren't "worthy." It's impossible to go through 100's of files all the time and stay on a schedule for events. So people who are more experienced are asked first if they have anything that is finished that fits the difficulty. If they don't others are asked. The very first person I went to actually was Hi19 because he ended up missing the batch due to his power being out from the storm. But I guess that wasn't being very fair either. I should also note that I went to Silvuh because he's almost the only one that actually steps low enough files to cover early D1/D2.

Quote:
You, like Jae, and maybe others, shut out the chance for equal opportunity. Which you cannot argue is not fair. CHart's being released on a weekly basis is an event on it's own. So who's to say the batches wouldn't help there?
What exactly are you trying to get at with this statement. Files aren't brought in from an internal for the songs of the week and as is we can't get the files out fast enough that are coming in. So why exactly should more batches be held only to have them sit for months on end before ever being released?

Before you go and say "more files for events" in this more batch situation, when it comes to things like the official tournaments there are specific difficulties needed. Even though I directly requested people send in lower level files and some that could be finals for the official when the batch was open I did not get the files needed. I had 3 batches to go through and still we had to pull some outside files in. I mean I had N's farewell on my list to be used but guess what it didn't make acceptance. Not my fault.

Quote:
And also the time frame, was definitely more than enough to run more batches, I can't see time being an issue considering how long in advanced you began planning it, and with the large delay ect. Time is not a viable excuse.
You're obviously completely clueless as to how much time this really takes if you're seriously sitting here saying this. A single batch alone takes what 6 to 7 weeks to be completed? That's getting the files in, waiting for JX to send the files out, judging time, waiting for JX to give the acceptance ratings, etc. Then after that 6-7 weeks having to sift through 100s of files to figure out what can be used. Converting them to find difficulty because you can't properly rate them looking on SM when FFR conversion can significantly change how a file plays. Then figuring out what fits where in structure so you can figure out what files are missing. You seriously have NO idea the amount of time it takes.

As it was, and I think you were in events chat still when I had mentioned this, I was far behind schedule because of Jae. When the topic of bi-annual tourneys was mentioned and the summer one ended I asked repeatedly what was going on because we needed to start planning then in order to be able to run enough batches to obtain what we needed. It was ignored and ignored till he finally disappeared completely off the site. By the time I was able to even start planning I had about 8 weeks iirc. So please go ahead and tell me how we were going to fit more batches in that time frame when they take at least 6 weeks themselves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charu View Post
I... don't like where this is going...

If I may chime, if you please.

I think in a less rude fashion, all Midnight's trying to say is if there's a file needed to be done through a quick internal batch, it should be an event so everyone has a chance to throw out a file of there's for something that the tournament doesn't have in its possession.

...I think that's the core of what he meant.
He's saying everyone should be involved which means full batches. Which when it comes to events isn't always 100% possible. It takes entirely too much time. Then none the less there's TONS of files sitting still in queue that will take months to release. The official just happens to be something that needs specific difficulties which makes it more complicated.

Edit: Just went to look and see what was left to still be released after the tournament. There are 66 files not being used for the tournament sitting in queue right now. That means 11 weeks of 6 files a week after the tournament just to get those out alone. So if SOTW picks up right out of the tournament and does do 6 a week that means 3 months just to get these files out. I really don't see where more batches are beneficial.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBackpack View Post
also a fucking helicopter is the absolute last place I'd go to find out how big my dick is
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow_God_10 View Post
Dawg you don't even know. It's so fuckin' small I can use a pen cap to jack off

Quote:
Originally Posted by hi19hi19 View Post
yeah I'mma go for the Rave7 route she's just perfect, stiff on the top, thin in the middle, and has a BIG THICC END that I can just jack on all night UwU best girl

Last edited by psychoangel691; 03-7-2013 at 07:00 PM..