View Single Post
Old 03-7-2013, 06:06 PM   #5443
Xx{Midnight}xX
FFR Player

Default Re: Queue/Batch Discussion Thread v2 (Submissions CLOSED)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Choofers View Post
sounds like midnight is upset

i'd even say that

he's mad
You could attempt to argue that I suppose.

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychoangel691 View Post
I didn't delete anything lol. I can't get the basic point? You're pissed off that there was an internal batch that excluded other people, really not much to get. I did give a reasonable response because you're now going "free acceptance for everyone" when that's not the case. Sometimes extra things are needed for events and they still get judged, not just put in. (with exception of what Jae did last tournament but I had no part in that nor do I condone things going in with no review at all)

The files are still looked over and if necessary changes are needed they're made and re-judged. You basically want to hold up events because of "fairness" over a few files that were requested from stepartists that yes are more consistent with their file quality. It's not like the entire event was done off of only files from an internal batch. It takes a lot of time to collect 100 files, get judges to judge them, and judge them. An internal allows us to take people who are more seasoned and get a few files to be looked over by a few judges rather than needing like 12 for a full batch.

But hey lets just stop having events for people because we need to spend too much time doing batches over and over to get the right files. No problem man.
I'm not pissed. I'm confused as to why you all think that's ok to exclude people because of your opinions that they are not good enough to produce a chart in time.

You did miss the point, my complaint is that others of us whom you people (mistakenly) think "aren't worthy" in a sense can't attempt to get their charts in because of pure opinion.

Also, you are absolutely no different than Jae by making one (granted respectable) person view it and then make it a token. You also, like Jae, held internal batches. Explain to me exactly how what you did is any different? Oh sure, one (again respectable) person viewed the chart. Short of having the normal amount view it, you did nothing different than what he did.

And yeah oh no we have to hold more batches and open more opportunities, wow, such a bad thing right?

You, like Jae, and maybe others, shut out the chance for equal opportunity. Which you cannot argue is not fair. CHart's being released on a weekly basis is an event on it's own. So who's to say the batches wouldn't help there?

And also the time frame, was definitely more than enough to run more batches, I can't see time being an issue considering how long in advanced you began planning it, and with the large delay ect. Time is not a viable excuse.

Last edited by Xx{Midnight}xX; 03-7-2013 at 06:13 PM..