View Single Post
Old 02-23-2013, 12:42 PM   #2
JJTrixX
Green & Gold ReflexKage
FFR Veteran

Default Re: I wasn't done with atheism/theism

Thank you Cavernio for your considerate post and your thoughtful questions. I will do my best to answer them to the best of my knowledge.

Quote:
And so I ask again, if you didn't have emotions, if you didn't experience God's love, would you believe in God?
No.

"Beloved, let us love one another, for love is from God, and whoever loves has been born of God and knows God. Anyone who does not love does not know God, because God is love." 1 John 4:7-8

Quote:
And if you stopped feeling God's love, at what point would you start questioning how you lost God's love when you did nothing to stop God's love?
You are assuming you did nothing to stop feeling Gods love, this is wrong. The truth is this: you stopped feeling Gods love because you stopped loving God. The answer would then be....at any point you wish.

Quote:
At what point would your own self-perceptions of God not be strong enough for God to exist?
At no point because God will continue to exist whether your own self-perceptions of him are strong or not. You do not come to know God by your own self-perceptions of him.

Quote:
Why do you think that peope who haven't found God must not be trying?
Because that is thier choice. God does not force us to believe in him, this is why we have the gift of free-will. I can not speak on the account of the multitude of those people for I am not they.

Quote:
Why do people who believe in God (jewish) believe in the same God as people who believe Jesus was God's son?
They don't.

Quote:
And the follow-up, how can people who only know half of God say they know God just as much as you do if Jesus matters so much to being loved by God?
There is no "half of God" to know. You either know God or you don't. They are liars. It says so in the scriptures:

“Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son. Whosoever denieth the Son, the same hath not the Father: (but) he that acknowledgeth the Son hath the Father also.” 1 John 2:22-23

Quote:
Once you answer that, then why does it matter that ANYONE believes in God in order to experience God's love?
To whom does it matter? If you chose not to believe in God, it's no skin off his back. You only have "death" to look forward to.

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." John 3:16

Quote:
Why is it not possible for every secular person to experience God's love all the time if God loves everyone?
Please consider Matthew 5:43-48, “YOU heard that it was said, ‘You must love your neighbor and hate your enemy.’ However, I say to YOU: Continue to love YOUR enemies and to pray for those persecuting YOU; that YOU may prove yourselves sons of YOUR Father who is in the heavens, since he makes his sun rise upon wicked people and good and makes it rain upon righteous people and unrighteous. For if YOU love those loving YOU, what reward do YOU have? Are not also the tax collectors doing the same thing? And if YOU greet YOUR brothers only, what extraordinary thing are YOU doing? Are not also the people of the nations doing the same thing? YOU must accordingly be perfect, as YOUR heavenly Father is perfect.” So being “perfect” as God is “perfect” means loving those who do not love YOU. Christ taught us to love our enemies.

Gods enemies killed his first born Son. What could be worse that putting the son of God, Jesus Christ to death? Especially the way they did it. Can you think of anything? I honestly can’t myself. Yet Jesus prayed to his heavenly father, “please forgive them for they know not what they do.” (Luke 23:34) Here Christ showed love for those who put him to death and asked his father to not hold this against them. Where did he learn this kind of love? From his Father of course.

Although God loves you, He hates the continous sin that you commit against him. Because Jesus Christ took YOUR punishment died for YOUR sins, it is not too late to be accepted into Gods grace by confessing, repenting, and accepting Jesus Christ as your Lord and Saviour.

Quote:
If it is always possible to feel God's love, then why do I have to be religious, ie: why would I have to attribute this love to your specific god when I could attribute it to Life or Existence, things that are so much stronger to my perceptions?
It's not always possible. Just because God loves you, doesn't mean you always feel it. This should be self-evident in accordance with the second question you asked, "And if you stopped feeling God's love, at what point would you start questioning how you lost God's love when you did nothing to stop God's love?" <- those are your very own words.

Quote:
(You can't call back on 'Because God exists' because that's circular reasoning and is not logical, and if you use arguments that are obviously not logical, then there's no point in debating or no way of gaining any sort of understanding.) Why would you think someone would be wrong if they prayed to The Spaghetti God?
What has the "Spaghetti God" done for you?

Quote:
What makes your belief so strong that you know God but I don't?
In order to answer all of these questions properly, don't use circular logic.
You do not love God as I do.

I hope I answered all of your questions to your satisfaction and understanding. If I did not, I apologize. I can try my best to clarify anything else you may wish to know.