View Single Post
Old 02-21-2013, 01:01 PM   #395
Mollocephalus
Custom User Title
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to Mollocephalus
Default Re: Atheism/Theism thread

jj will you take a moment to reply to this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mollocephalus View Post
Jj continues yet again to support the laughable concept that life without god is a miserable life.

Whoever drilled that concept in your head, i feel pity for you. there is SO MUCH you can experience to be one with the universe, so many different scales of emotional intensities you can feel for other people, for yourself, and for the beauty of life in general, that god is not the only way to get to them. It's actually the worst way, designed for people who can't think for themselves, or have been carefully instructed not to. But i suppose that while i find your faith to be source of bigotry, misleading, deeply wrong and as a whole disgusting, you will never understand the heights a person can reach just with human mind's innate curiosity, exploring and discovering life and the universe. To you everything outside your little fairytale world is nonsense. I'd leave it a that, but if i can understand why you feel what you feel through faith, why can't you understand that someone could experience a similar feeling of "ascension" or even a stronger one through the simple pleasure of discover and being intimately connected to the world? I just want you to reply to this, if you can.