Old 02-20-2013, 01:10 PM   #336
star reaper
owning ffr since 08
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to star reaper
Default Re: Atheism/Theism thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oni-Paranoia View Post
Who determined that killing Jesus was going to satisfy God? It's almost like tossing beautiful, young virgin girls into a volcano to satisfy an islands fiery God that lives beneath said island.

And while I'm here, let me ask this. God forgives, correct? So breaking a commandment isn't really bad as long as someone makes a confession and has their sins removed or cleansed or whatever you call it. On top of that, why didn't the great Jesus just confess to a bunch of sins of those he died for if that's what people do today?

Excuse my ignorance as I haven't dug deep into the subject. I tried to before while I was on a retreat (yes, 3 days and nights with no outside connection, just pure God (had to impress an ex-girl's family)) and I was just pushed away or told the typical "God has a plan", "God chooses those he wants", "God is almighty and should not be questioned" responses.
God determined that in (Romans 6:23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.) We have all sinned and deserve God's judgment. God, the Father, sent His only Son to satisfy that judgment for those who believe in Him. Jesus, the creator and eternal Son of God, who lived a sinless life, loves us so much that He died for our sins, taking the punishment that we deserve, was buried, and rose from the dead according to the Bible. you had said (It's almost like tossing beautiful, young virgin girls into a volcano to satisfy an islands fiery God that lives beneath said island.) well, from the events that actually happened it's more of like that GOD killed his son to justify humanity. It was Jesus GOD's son, not just a man who died on the cross. Because GOD is Righteous, and a Judge, upon many others he must have a judgments passed on to those who broke the law. He can't be just if he allows those who have broken the law to be unpunished. So, that's why he sent his son in our place.

you also said (And while I'm here, let me ask this. God forgives, correct? So breaking a commandment isn't really bad as long as someone makes a confession and has their sins removed or cleansed or whatever you call it)
Salvation comes from turning away and repenting. To repent is to realize your sins which can be seen through the law. To turn away is to no longer doing what you have done. Of course you can't do this on your own. Of course you aren't going to be a changed person over night either. It's only through the power of Christ that we can truly change. The turning away from our sins is what proves that we have accepted salvation. That we realize we need a savior to save us from ourselves. Jeremiah 17:9 The heart is deceitful above all things and beyond cure. Who can understand it?

Last edited by star reaper; 02-20-2013 at 01:13 PM..