View Single Post
Old 02-20-2013, 12:23 PM   #334
Oni-Paranoia
No fucks
FFR Veteran

Default Re: Atheism/Theism thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJTrixX View Post
We are all sinners. God’s justice requires that sin receive its full penalty.The suffering and sacrificial death of the Lord Jesus upon the cross satisfied the requirements of God’s justice. Jesus Christ died for our sins. He suffered the penalty of the Law we had broken. Jesus suffered our punishment-- He took our
place.
Who determined that killing Jesus was going to satisfy God? It's almost like tossing beautiful, young virgin girls into a volcano to satisfy an islands fiery God that lives beneath said island.

And while I'm here, let me ask this. God forgives, correct? So breaking a commandment isn't really bad as long as someone makes a confession and has their sins removed or cleansed or whatever you call it. On top of that, why didn't the great Jesus just confess to a bunch of sins of those he died for if that's what people do today?

Excuse my ignorance as I haven't dug deep into the subject. I tried to before while I was on a retreat (yes, 3 days and nights with no outside connection, just pure God (had to impress an ex-girl's family)) and I was just pushed away or told the typical "God has a plan", "God chooses those he wants", "God is almighty and should not be questioned" responses.