Thread: Team Pokemon
View Single Post
Old 01-19-2013, 11:08 PM   #1147
igotrhythm
Fractals!
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to igotrhythm
Default Re: Team Pokemon

So I went and beat Benga in the White Treehollow.

If you have a level 80-85 team, reaching him is a lot harder than beating him. Having the form-changed Kyurem also helps against his level 80 Latias-Dragonite-Volcarona team. (watch out for the sash on the last one)

Some protips:
-Watch how the trainers in each room move about and develop strategies for dodging their gaze while going to the exit you want. Most of my fights were born out of carelessness instead of looking for hints.
-There's one Nurse on each floor, and each of them is good for one Pokemon Center per challenge...after defeating them, of course. Don't hesitate to seek them out if your team is starting to wear a bit thin, especially on the more spacious levels. Such is their importance that defeated Trainers will sometimes tell you the location of that floor's Nurse.
-Some rooms have a lone Trainer in the middle and are surrounded by either rocks or water-filled streams. It's possible to go into the middle and dodge their sight, but you can just use Cut or Strength as applicable.
-On the later levels, if you can't find the gate Trainer or the gate, chances are you're on the wrong floor. Defeated trainers will tell you if this is the case.
-Areas 8 and onward like to use type-resist berries on you. Sometimes this is not avoidable (Shuca Electivire) other times it is (Yache Salamence and Torterra).
-You can't access your bag directly, but you can still switch out your party's hold items.
-Take a good mix of physical and special attackers with you. Breeders on all levels prefer the Chansey line, whereas the lower levels featured quite a bit of Hippowdon and Cloyster in my run, both of which could tank a Flare Blitz from a Darmanitan 5-10 levels above it. Your mileage may vary.

Last edited by igotrhythm; 01-19-2013 at 11:13 PM..
igotrhythm is offline   Reply With Quote