View Single Post
Old 01-16-2013, 03:57 PM   #1
One Winged Angel
Anime Avatars ( ◜◡^)っ✂╰⋃╯
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorD8 Godly KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Winnie the Pooh Home Run Derby

A friend of mine told me and Maggie to play this a couple weeks ago, but we'd forgotten about it until last night (thanks for bringing it up again, Maggie ~_~).

http://www.gamesloon.com/free-sports...rby-54790.html

Some of you who frequent 4chan's /v/ might've heard about this already, because that's where my friend found it.

Apparently this was originally developed as a game for Japanese children. There's a Japanese version lurking out there somewhere but I cbf to find it right now because I'm still pissed as all shit after playing this game. It's the same game anyways.

It starts out as a simple baseball game. Line your mouse up with where the ball's heading and hold click when it's time to swing. Each stage has a different pitcher and the object of the game is to perform a certain number of home runs given the amount of balls the pitcher will throw. It starts out with easier percentages like 3 home runs per 10 balls, but gets progressively more and more demanding as the stages go on. And you can power up your shit as you progress (which I didn't know about until I'd gotten to Rabbit). Power is self-explanatory, increases the chances of knocking the ball out of the park. Contact increases the bat's 'sweet spot' area. Speed increases how quickly Pooh can move (which is fucking horrendous to start with, holy shit).

Eeyore and the second sack of shit you face aren't all that bad. But once you get to Piglet and Kanga/Roo, you begin to question how kids are supposed to be able to play this game. And then Rabbit onwards is just iwbed. Don't even get me started on Owl's bullshit. And Tigger took me the better portion of an hour to beat, wait till you see what this fucker can do (I applaud anyone who beats him, holy shit).

After Tigger, I thought I was done honestly. I mean, that shit was ridiculous, I didn't think it could possibly get any harder...

Nope, Christopher Motherfucking Robin

After reading around for a bit, apparently other players have come to the conclusion that he's either sold his soul to the devil for inhuman pitching techniques or he's the reincarnation of Satan himself. Basically he can throw any fucking style pitch he wants from the previous stages, at lightning speed. I tried to beat him for a good 20 minutes or so, but the best I mustered up was 7 home runs short of what's required. To be fair though, I got so much Owl bullshit during my last ten balls and I fucking suck at hitting that shit. I'm pretty sure I can beat him but I just don't give a shit right now.

Also this:

Have fun.

p.s. if anyone records a vid of them scoring 50/50 home runs on CR, I'll think of some sort of reward for you, because that's just fucking ridiculous.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilikexd View Post
i want to be cucked by cirno
One Winged Angel is offline   Reply With Quote