View Single Post
Old 01-15-2013, 02:37 AM   #12
DotKritic
Forum User

Default Re: My Hungarian Experience!

My aunt, uncle, and cousins live in Geneva we stayed there for about 3 days. It's beautiful during the Fall.

Their backyard looks at Mont Blanc (Monte Bianco (Italian), meaning "White Mountain"). My family and myself picked a day to go up the mountain by cable car. Two things were scaring me: whether the cables would snap and how my body would react to being up in high altitude since I would be somewhere around 12,000-14,000 in altitude (and I haven't been up that high before). Went all the way to the top and my body responded okay.

Off to Italy a 1 1/2 day at a Bed & Breakfast. We also went on a boat ride in Lake Como (Lago di Como in Italian).

View from where we stayed

Boat ride. We were served champagne.

We went back to my aunt's place for a couple days. No pics here.

Off to France (pics here )

This is the fun part. The whole idea of the vacation was because of my grandparent's anniversary (they're Scottish, my mom's English). We stayed at a large house. 10 rooms I think for 24 (?) people. Family from English, Scotland, Switzerland, and us from the states came together for a week.

What I got to play with for a week

What I did one night at 2am

Paris:

Went Segway'ing with family and family from England

All the way to the top

Statue of Liberty

Eiffel Tower during the day

Eiffel Tower at night

After a week, everyone headed home, but my family and myself and my aunt's family went back to Geneva

Before heading home for good, we did these things being leaving Europe:

Knocked off my bucket list:
Go see the Eiffel Tower and get to the top
Visit the Nestle Factory
Go to Italy

Not knocked off my bucket list:
Go to a football match

FFR Member Since December 17th, 2004

Last edited by DotKritic; 01-15-2013 at 02:43 AM..
DotKritic is offline   Reply With Quote