View Single Post
Old 01-12-2013, 08:33 PM   #294
Figlar20k
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Default Re: 8th Official FFR Tournament

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mollocephalus View Post
Is it just me who thinks this is a load of bullshit? combo scoring is terrible and does not reward the true skill of a player. i could not be able to nail a single part or get some stupid key misses on my best run. for the game scoring it's not the best but afterall works, for a tournament, no thanks. i'm very happy this rule has been approved for this tournament. i myself have lost to BlastAmos the D2 of a couple tournaments ago because of this scoring, when my score was overall way better.
If you can't even FC the song, why should you win it??

People forget that in FFR we have a thing called "boos". People who are "mashing" anything are absolutely destroying their score to begin with, and the "better" player will be able to easily jump ahead of that score with their first FC.

You get THOUSANDS of attempts on it in an FFR-like tournament which is what I'm getting at.

If you can't FC it you shouldn't win, nothing to do with timing at all. Personally seeing people with no regard for combo at all is what is going to annoy the hell out of me. 10 misses on Crowdpleaser? Who cares I AAAed the rest of the song top 50 plox.

My main issue I suppose is that misses actually take off nowhere near enough points than they should by themselves. If they took off 5x as much as they did currently I wouldn't really care about combo scoring.

Last edited by Figlar20k; 01-12-2013 at 08:38 PM..
Figlar20k is offline   Reply With Quote