Old 01-9-2013, 05:01 PM   #40
bmah
shots FIRED
Global Moderator, User Support, Judge
Global ModeratorFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Default Re: Expanding the difficulty spectrum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest15937 View Post
Honestly, if "??" ratings are implemented, TWWW and omgwtftok3n should get them along with vROFL because the difficulty of these songs are so variable from person to person. vROFL could also get a "???" rating (to signify that it is 100+, harder than anything else on the songlist)
I've discussed the "??" on Skype with a few other people earlier, and I also mentioned those oddball songs you've listed as well to be within the "??" difficulty. However, we need to be careful in choosing what songs to elect. We don't want "??" to be a garbage dump for all sorts of weird files. Then again, a lot of weird files simply exist when they shouldn't be in the first place.

Maybe "??" isn't the right way to describe it. Maybe, like in movie DVDs, we should call these files "extras". FFR Extras. That might help legitimize this unknown difficulty being a place to put all sorts of weird files, regardless of their natures. They could even be described as "out takes" of sorts - files that were previously in the main game but put aside.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssbmchamp View Post
I will cry if you get rid of VROFL....like literally cry. That's what's motivating me to get to 50 bil. Idc how "shitty of a file it may be, I want it! If that get's taken away I would probably stop playing.
Yeah, I thought some people would still want it. That's why I thought vrofl could be branched into another token, while the token that you normally would get from achieving top 8 in official tournaments will become a NEW, exclusive song. You'd still have a goal to look forward to.

Last edited by bmah; 01-9-2013 at 05:06 PM..
bmah is offline   Reply With Quote