View Single Post
Old 01-9-2013, 03:48 PM   #33
DossarLX ODI
Batch Manager
Game Manager, Song Release Coordinator
Game ManagerSimfile JudgeFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: Expanding the difficulty spectrum

While Death Piano is more doable than RATO the scoreboards show that they're basically no better than each other, both could be at 99 statistically. Death Piano IS actually harder to FC, RATO you can mash more lazily but DP you actually have to jack fast to FC in the first place.

I can also see Husigi being above Jamais Vu. Jamais Vu doesn't go any faster than 230 bpm 8th jacks, it has difficult transitions to get out of but Husigi is harder to FC and manage one handed transitions out of longer jacks and weird dense bursts.

If 92 is supposed to be the border for old scale 13, I can agree with them except for White Walls Part 2. White Walls Part 2 doesn't have that many plays but putting it that low when the scoreboard is that messy is just silly, and 4 levels under Revo is even more silly.

Vortex in its current frame state is ridiculous to even HIT and is definitely way above 92 but with treatment it could be on the border. The file itself is hard to hit without screwing up transitions, especially getting out of those 64th walls.

It's nice that Winter Wind Etude got moved up. More statistics are being considered here now.

CCCP is placed a bit high... the file is difficult to AAA, but so are files like DeVouR etc. someone who can't FC long jacks like in slashmaid or J'ai would have a much easier time playing through CCCP.

I wish Crowdpleaser would be taken off this list because it's one of those files that have ridiculous spikes. Crowdpleaser is one of the only files in this game that has 1 framers and a trill almost 50% faster than Death Piano's trill (240 vs. 170), with terrible patterns to hit where it has 64ths.

Last edited by DossarLX ODI; 01-9-2013 at 03:51 PM..
DossarLX ODI is offline   Reply With Quote