View Single Post
Old 12-20-2012, 10:57 PM   #5
EzExZeRo7497
FFR Veteran

Default Re: OMGWTFT0K3N [65 or 29]

OMGWTFTOK3N is a gimmick chart like what Rob said, but even without the gimmicks, I wouldn't call it a 29 (obviously much lower than 65 though).

It's really difficult to rate charts like this since there's really no other chart to compare it with. The file may look simple, but scoring on it is a bitch if you can't familiarize with the gimmick. Sure, you can manipulate the gimmick beforehand and do better, but even then it'll still be difficult to score on it nonetheless.

Splitting would also be a bigger issue since the receptors would move accordingly to the keys you're hitting, so you'd occasionally have one or two perfect frames instead of three, like what Rob said above. It'll make the scoring difficulty for this song a lot higher compared to other files, since no other file has that mechanic.

There are some D2-D3 players with AAAs on that song, but like I said, the file isn't really hard in terms of steps. Once you get used to the gimmick, it would be pretty easy to score on/AAA.

Most people I know who AAAed FMOs can't come close to AAA-ing this, but at the same time I know some people who can't come close to AAAing FMOs and can AAA this with ease.

I'd say 65 would be the suited difficulty though, since it doesn't give Oni so that D2-D3 players wouldn't be able to get it through Oni (obviously the file is a gimmick file, I don't think gimmick files should give a token that's long-sought for), but it really doesn't make sense to put it any lower if most players who can AAA FMOs can't score well on files like OMGWTFTOK3N.
EzExZeRo7497 is offline   Reply With Quote