View Single Post
Old 11-30-2012, 09:26 PM   #35
Reincarnate
x'); DROP TABLE FFR;--
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Default Re: Having a difficult time deciding what to do with my life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnR View Post
I don't hate math at all though. I just don't understand why I was so terrible. It was less being taught and more him just answering the questions in the book.

I absolutely LOVE everything car related, but there's no way I want to fix cars for a living. I'd love to tune and mod cars for a living, but I'd prefer to have my own projects/builds in my garage. Having a job that pays a nice salary means I could afford these fun projects. So I will have a job I maybe don't LOVE, but because of that job I could do that I love.
that's pretty much the same logic i am using right now in my life, to be honest: work a job that pays the bills and allows you to afford whatever fun you want on the side. i mean, it works... but at the same time, you spend so much of your life at work, and so there's something to be said for loving what you do. it's a balancing act.

ideally you should find something that you enjoy that *also* lets you afford the kind of lifestyle you want. sometimes you have to put up with the grind, though, until you earn enough of a nest egg to buffer yourself against unforeseen consequences/setbacks/etc so that you have more wiggle room to pursue what you love. it can be risky, and risk is best mitigated by having sufficient capital to back it up (as we learned from the financial crisis...).
Reincarnate is offline   Reply With Quote