View Single Post
Old 11-30-2012, 07:35 AM   #24
EnR
Massive flaming dildos.
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to EnR Send a message via MSN to EnR
Default Re: Having a difficult time deciding what to do with my life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DotKritic View Post
I talked with a guest at my work over an extensive time about past jobs in retail. We shared how many years we each have done retail (me: 5 years, her: 20 years). She also shared that she also worked for a home builder company making 6 figures - which interested me.

If you like being outside and building things, maybe look into being a home builder for a company.
I've worked for companies that build houses. I've done masonry (bricklaying) and laboring for a company who builds apartment complexes. I hate being outside. Especially in +20 to +30 celcius in the summer then -20 to -40 in the winter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rushyrulz View Post
I'm 2.5 years into my comp sci program. Programming is easy til it gets abstract. Syntax and shit is easy enough to handle, but once you start getting into some more advanced concepts like data structures (linked lists, stacks, queues, trees) you might find yourself throwing your computer out the window trying to understand a good way to code them (even though there are preset programs for all of these, yet the instructor will still make you write your own so you understand it :/.)

So yea, gl
Is it boring or stressful? Is programming incredibly repetitive? I really don't want a career that I'm always doing the exact same thing. I'm still not sure what to do.

Bah, so confused and stressed.