View Single Post
Old 11-28-2012, 11:58 AM   #4939
Wayward Vagabond
Confirmed Heartbreaker
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Default Re: Queue/Batch Discussion Thread v2 (Submissions CLOSED)

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychoangel691 View Post
Where in any of my posts have I talked about just anyone doing it? I'm talking about the people that are on the team that were selected by JX and bmah. I have no idea where you two are getting anything else from. All the people on the team have files in game. MarioNintendo has 18 already.

All I want, just like most of the people here, is a system that runs smoothly so that we don't have notes coming in 4 days late.
you implied it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by alloyus View Post
If backup judges aren't given a chance to judge, then they'll never get good at judging. They were chosen as backups to be there when the main judges can't get the job done, having them step in every now and then does not make them a main judge, they're there for emergencies. There's really no problem with letting them judge ONE batch if you really can't get it done, even If you split it with them.
you judge packs and weekly releases. you dont have to judge batches in order to get judging experience

Quote:
Originally Posted by alloyus View Post
If you're able to be a main judge and decide to be a backup, that's on you. That's not even the point I'm making, I'm elaborating on what Kayla said about how they're picked as backups for a reason, that they're at least good enough to be a backup just in case they're needed.
originally back ups were suppose to be there for back up only because we had enough primary judges. as time went we lost too many judges to keep that system so now everyone posts that they can do it when jx asks

Quote:
Originally Posted by TC_Halogen View Post
I look at simfiles all the time objectively and have a general idea of what fun factor is - therefore I'm a great FFR judge. Just like your analogy mentions, someone might have a "visual" understanding of it but will never understand a technical perspective (court: laws, regulations, things you'd go to school for; FFR judgment: proper rhythms, structure, phrasing/etc, things you'd learn from actually simfiling).
thanks for proving my point that experience matters

Quote:
Originally Posted by TC_Halogen View Post
There isn't a chain of command in the batch system, at ALL. There are multiple kinds of judges but they are filled on a first come/first serve basis -- if a person says that they want to be x judge, they are placed in that spot. The only hierarchy within the system is that there are two head judges (bmah/JX), and then the regular judges. As far as the last note - I only had 3 FFR files in game when I became a judge, and I definitely learned as I go. I don't see too many people really making a fuss at my notes, so I know that I learned correctly.
chain of command when it comes to critiquing a file is what i meant. you wouldnt put the same value on someone who barely plays the game vs a judge whos been on the team for x 7 years.

amount of files in game does not dictate their qualifications for becoming a judge

Last edited by Wayward Vagabond; 11-28-2012 at 12:04 PM..