View Single Post
Old 11-7-2012, 09:47 AM   #3
.Sapphire
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to .Sapphire Send a message via MSN to .Sapphire Send a message via Skype™ to .Sapphire
Default Re: the philosophy of Stepmania/rhythm games

Quote:
Originally Posted by moches View Post
Is there really validity to the comparison between Stepmania and real musicians/real music? What do you guys think?
Well, it sure as hell opens your music palette to not just be one genre of your surrounding malls and whatever is sold in stores locally. Stepmania has charts for tens of thousands of charts for many different genre songs. That kind of diversity gives motivation, ideas and inspiration to make music with related melodies and the sort. It really helps when a music producer/instrument player can't think of something new, so they just hop onto Stepmania and listen/play a bunch of songs and see if there's motivation after that. Other than that, I'd find it just a great way to hear a lot of different songs you wouldn't normally hear.

Not sure if that's quite an answer of relevancy, but that's what I perceived that question as.

Other than ideas and motivation for real music makers, Stepmania has no benefits in the long-run. It's just a game to other people.

Contact me: Facebook: TJ DeJong | MSN: gadeurokun@hotmail.com | AIM: herogashix
Skype: Herogashix | Twitter: Herogashix | #kbo #(o: #rhythmzone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Choofers View Post
holy irony batman
Quote:
Originally Posted by moches View Post
Music producer TJ DeJong in the house!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Staiain View Post
who cares about oldcartoon anyway
.Sapphire is offline   Reply With Quote