Thread: "Frankenstorm"
View Single Post
Old 10-26-2012, 08:34 PM   #22
krunkykai22
<3 Jumpstream <3
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to krunkykai22 Send a message via Yahoo to krunkykai22 Send a message via Skype™ to krunkykai22
Default Re: "Frankenstorm"

We've all received phone calls stating that the state is debating going into a State of Emergency starting Sunday Morning. Evacuation plans for North Jersey are already set if this storm gets any "stronger" as they say.

From what I've seen and read (from a friend of mine who is a Meteorologist who was places specifically on tracking this storm) is that the Hurricane will slam North Jersey with Wind Gusts up to 85-90 MPH with about 6-8 inches of rain in a 24 hour period. The front coming from the west is not looking to impact us half as bad as it was projected yesterday or the day before, BUT you can never "truly" track a storm so it could shift it's track as easy.

Either way, all the stores here are loaded with customers, generators are gone at almost every retail hardware store you can think of. Water/Canned Goods and anything that doesn't have to be microwaved or cooked are all bought and shelves are empty. It's amazing seeing this state in such an uproar. They are saying this Hurricane is/will be as bad, if not WORSE, then Hurricane Floyd that hit here about 10 years ago. If that is the case, (Kayla/AJ/Sara especially will know what I'll mean here) free bridges and the delaware will be higher then the Easton flood a few years back by a LOT. Eastern PA is already in a "semi" state of emergency with people being evacuated away from the Delaware River.

I'm sort of .... excited to see this storm. We live on a hill, but are like the center of the hill going down... lol So we have about 50 feet going down before it hits us with flooding (which would be ridiculous anyway).

Anyways, Cheers for a good storm while sitting outside in a beach chair with my cigar in one hand beer in another and sunglasses on!
krunkykai22 is offline   Reply With Quote