View Single Post
Old 10-11-2012, 09:24 PM   #978
Senip
Forum User

Default Re: The Fitness Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bahamut-X View Post
Fitness gurus, I require advice.

I have been looking for ways to strengthen my lower back. Deadlifting is out of the question, since my back is already messed up from a slipped and bulging disc. Therefore, I am looking for some less aggressive back strengthening exercises. I already know plenty of yoga type poses that work the erectors but I am trying to find something that allows for adding weight.

For awhile I was using this while holding weights:
http://www.ohtrainer.com/images/exer...m%20Raise1.JPG

However, I'm pretty sure this is making my back worse. Ever since I've started doing it my back has started aching worse than usual and I suspect it is because of this machine.

I guess my question is, is this a machine that is easy to use improperly? Whenever I use it I try to keep my back is straight as possible but I have a feeling I'm still screwing something up. Any other suggestions for lower back other than deadlifts?
When you do those, you gotta make sure you only go until you're straight or at a slight arch. A lot of people go WAY THE **** BACK,a nd that's why your back hurts.

Reverse Hyper Machines are amazing for fixing back issues. If you do deads properly, they'll help fix your back as well.
Senip is offline   Reply With Quote