View Single Post
Old 09-30-2012, 10:50 AM   #106
TheSilentLord
FFR Player

Default Re: Stepmania Pack At The End Of The World

Quote:
Originally Posted by FFR4EVA_00 View Post
(YTY) Koi no Bakkin Bakkingamu!
A bit better than your previous attempt, but it jumps around a lot without really doing anything exciting.
Thanks for the feedback. After all I've stepped only about 10 files in total this far, so I didn't really expect to be the best stepper right away. Anyways, could I ask a bit more specific info on what was weak in this file? I went through it again and here are some things i thought about:

- Were the patterns for the jump/tap alternating jumpstream bad? I tried to make it so that there wouldn't be a lot of repeating the same arrow twice in a row. But this way it came out as "random". I dunno if that's bad or not?

- Was it too repetitive in terms of structure? There were those parts with the triplets and those parts with the JS, with very simple transitions via a drumroll/a few spaced jumps. But mainly JS. Though I think I've seen more repetitive files.

- Do you have any tips how to make files more "interesting"? Sometimes i try to make something fancy but it always ends up feeling awkward and i tone it back to the basic layers of melody/drums.
TheSilentLord is offline   Reply With Quote