View Single Post
Old 09-27-2012, 08:49 PM   #16
krunkykai22
<3 Jumpstream <3
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to krunkykai22 Send a message via Yahoo to krunkykai22 Send a message via Skype™ to krunkykai22
Default Re: Brandish Headless [73 or 71]

Okay I wanted to put a little input into this conversation :)

Let's look at the other level 73's there are:

Aim Burst
Bloodmeat (Heavy)
Caprice
Chaosmaid
Final Fantasy Last Battle Festival
Jasmine (Camelrape remix)
Mahou no Oshigoto
Otaku Speedvibe (ONI)
Overdrive
Piano Etude (Demon Fire)
Pitch Black (FFR Edit)
Runny Mornings (SGX Mix)
Since 1983
Spoils

With that list being said I have color coordinated in my PERSONAL opinion which ones are harder and easy and are comparable to Brandish Headless.

Green = Equivalent
Red = Harder
Blue = Easier

Pitch Black and Mahou I haven't colored because I don't remember them too much. But I have to say that Brandish really does fit in pretty well with the 73's. If you think about it Caprice is the easiest of the 73's if you can look passed the BNS. Bloodmeat's BPM is all the makes it hard along with the trills. Since 1983 is harder yes, BUT it's not entirely THAT much harder other then the fact 24th streaming is open to random goods being acquired.

IF anything, I would put Brandish as a 72 MERELY because it would fit in with songs like Gaussian Blur/Famicom Selecta/Sonata Qui. If you think about Brandish the length along with those repeated 32nd roll/jumps does make for a more difficult outro which in turn would boost the difficulty slightly. I think with this style of difficulty it's directly comparable to PANTS for that matter. IF it wasn't for that constant repetitiveness at the ending jumpstream patterns in PANTS it would merely be a high 11. (hate to say it but it's not THAT hard. Of course you need and need...ME is all around harder IMO then PATNS.)

I can see it though as a beginning 73 OR beginning 72 it fits around those 2 in both ways. So mainly whatever is voted would be fine, but definitely not lowered to a 71 imo.