View Single Post
Old 09-27-2012, 03:40 PM   #13
igotrhythm
Fractals!
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to igotrhythm
Default Re: Brandish Headless [73 or 71]

I'm thinking 72 as well, split the difference. The one pattern that's really kicking my ass is near the start of the last long guitar riff stream, around 1600 combo.

While it's the same speed as Determination and I think Heavenly Spores, the major issue with AAAing this is one of control when the stream gets wonky, not to mention that at this speed you're going to see the occasional 3-framer in the longer streams. Still, the large amount of straight stream means that Aim Burst is a lot easier to fall behind on. Anyone that's slipped up in Vs Boss Battle and proceeded to rack up 3 goods or more while they try to recover from it knows exactly what I mean by this.

The final issue is one of length: 3:12 and 2044 arrows means that a high degree of concentration is required to do well--in this regard, it's very comparable to Aim Burst's 3:06 and 2085 arrows. The main difference between the two is in the density chart. While they both peak at 20 nps, Aim Burst has long 14 nps sections, occasional 32nd rolls and an Air-like section featuring plenty of repeated gallops that are easy to mess up.

As Brandish Headless features none of the extra bells and whistles that Aim Burst flaunts and is generally less dense, I'm going to say 72.